Search here:

Sale of Distribev to Orbico

VCP acted as advisor to Grupa Żywiec (controlled by Heineken Group) in the highly competitive and successful sale process of Distribev, a leading distributor of beer and spirits in Poland

 

Date: 2016
Country: Poland
Industry: Consumer goods
Target: Distribev
Buyer: Orbico Group
Seller (client): Grupa Żywiec
VCP’s role/competence: sell-side M&A advisor

  • After a complex and very competitive disposal process, Orbico Group, a leading distributor of numerous globally known brands, was selected as the ultimate buyer of Distribev, a subsidiary of Grupa Żywiec.
  • Distribev is a direct sales and distribution company serving the traditional trade and HoReCa market with beer and spirits offer. The company started its operations in April 2015, after being carved-out from Grupa Żywiec. It cooperates with more than 50 vendors and offers approx. 1,300 items (SKUs). Grupa Żywiec remained the largest vendor and strategic partner to Distribev.
  • Distribev’s distribution network covers the entire Poland and allows the company to actively sell and deliver products to over 35,000 customers, primarily small retail shops and HoReCa points.
  • The transaction was signed in July 2015 and following the fulfillment of the agreed conditions precedents, it was completed in February 2016. As a result, Orbico Group became the owner of a stake of 80% in Distribev, while the remaining 20% remained in the hands of Grupa Żywiec which decided to keep the minority stake in the company.
  • As an integral element of the transaction, Grupa Żywiec and Orbico Group signed a long-term distribution agreement, based on which Orbico Group will continue to sell Grupa Żywiec’s products to traditional and HoReCa distribution channels.
  • The deal was an important step in the implementation of Grupa Żywiec strategy, which intends to focus on its core competence, i.e. brewing beers and building strong brands.
  • VCP acted as exclusive sell-side investment banking advisor and Allen & Overy acted as a legal advisor to Grupa Żywiec.

 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close